RULES OF THE GAME
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS: A Tournament Headquarters tent will be located at Lindsay/Lyons Park & Burroughs Park.
TOURNAMENT WEBSITE: www.challengesoccer.com
The 30th Annual Texas Warm-up Cup is a US Club Soccer sanctioned event. Sanctioning is for play during the tournament weekend only.
- Each 7V7 team must have a minimum of 5 players and a 9v9 team must have a minimum of 7 eligible players to start and each 11v11 team must have a minimum of 8 eligible players to start.
- Both teams must sit on the same sideline opposite parents and spectators.
- Home team must wear their dark jerseys to avoid color conflicts.
- Visitor team must wear their white/light opposing color of Home Team to avoid color conflicts.
- The game ball will be provided by the Tournament.
- Only rostered players, coaches and team managers are allowed on the sideline bench area.
- 7v7 teams: Normal game except for No punting and No heading.
- 9v9/11v1 teams: Normal game; No rule modifications.
1. Must wear shin guards and completely covered by socks.
2. East team must wear matching uniforms with clearly visible permanent numbers on the back of the jersey.
3. The goalkeeper jersey will be distinct from both teams and the referee.
4. No metal-rimmed glasses or jewelry of any kind is allowed
The Tournament Director will provide pre-printed game cards to the Referee Assignor. The Referee Assignor will be responsible for returning cards to the Tournament Director.
U10-U14 2 x 30 minute halves (5 minute half time)
U15-U18 2 x 35 minute halves (5 minute half time)
U10-U12 Size 4
U13-U18 Size 5
U10 7v7 Teams 14 Players
U11-U13 9v9 Teams 16 Players
U13-U19 11v11 Teams 26 Players
Unlimited guest players are permitted with the appropriate paperwork.
Games will be played in a friendly format; no advancement.
7V7 RULES OF PLAY
The ONLY rule modifications are NO punting and NO heading.
9V9 RULES OF PLAY
Normal game; NO rule modifications.
The number of substitutions is unlimited with permission of the referee at the following stoppages of play:
- Prior to a throw-in in either teams favor
- Prior to a goal kick by either team
- After a goal by either team
- Injury (any number of players from both teams may be substituted whenever an injury has occurred).
- At halftime
In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Director will determine if games are to be suspended. If games are suspended teams and spectators should go to the parking lot and stay in their cars. Do not leave the complex until a final decision is made. The Tournament Director reserves the right to adjust the game length and schedules due to weather or field conditions.
There will be no protests. All officiating decisions are final.
“ZERO TOLERANCE” POLICY FOR SIDELINE MISCONDUCT WILL BE ENFORCED. THIS INCLUDES INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, RACIAL SLURS, OR VERBAL ABUSE TOWARD REFEREES, PLAYERS & GAME OFFICIALS BOTH ON AND OFF THE PLAYING FIELD. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supporters.
A player or coach receiving two yellow cards during a match is suspended from that match and shall be suspended from the next match.
A player or coach receiving a red card/ejection is suspended from the match and shall be suspended from the next match. Players or coaches receiving a red card/ejections must leave the match immediately and report to the Tournament Headquarters tent. Player may sit on the bench during their suspension however they shall not be in uniform. Coaches must not return to the tournament site during the match for which they are serving the one game suspension.
The tournament will use two complexes for the event – Burroughs Park and Lindsay/Lyons Park. Note: In the event we do not have more than 36 U15-U19 teams registered for the event we will play all games at Lindsay/Lyons Park.
Once play has begun, absolutely no refunds will be given. If a team withdraws from the tournament after the game schedule is posted then no refund will be given. A refund, less administrative expenses will be issued in the event the tournament is canceled before the start of the first games. If the city, state or local government closes the facility because of COVID prior to the start of the first game, a full refund will be given.