36th ANNUAL TEXAS SHOOTOUT
June 2-4, 2023
LAWS OF THE GAME
All games shall be played in accordance with FIFA Laws, except as specifically modified by these rules.
- The TEXAS SHOOTOUT committee reserves the right to accept or reject any team application.
- Teams are accepted on a rolling basis. Typically, teams are notified within 2 weeks of submitting an application.
- No team shall be deemed accepted unless written notification via email has been sent from the Tournament Director via Total Global Sports (TGS).
- Once accepted each team will have ten (10) days from the date of acceptance to complete the final payment. Failure to make payment within 10 days of acceptance could result in forfeiture of acceptance.
- All U15-U19 teams are expected to be able to play Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These age groups are playing Showcase format. 3 games & no championships.
- U15-U18: Maximum of 26 players; Maximum number that can play is 22
- The number of guest players in unlimited. However, a team using guest players must have no more than a total of twenty six (26) players on said roster. Only 22 players can dress out for each game.
- All US Youth Soccer teams MUST have a copy of the Permission to Travel form approved and signed by a USSF or duly authorized State or National Association representative and a copy of each player medical release form.
FORMAT & DURATION OF GAMES
U10-U14 Tournament Format Games. Teams will be placed in four, five, six or eight team flights. Flights will be formed at the discretion of the Tournament Director. All U15-U19 games are Showcase games; there's no advancment for the Showcase games.
Bracket of 4: 1 bracket of 4 played as a round-robin; top 2 teams meet in Championship Game.
Bracket of 5: All teams will play a round-robin of 4 games; Team with the most points is 1st Place and Team with 2nd most points is 2nd Place.
Bracket of 6: 2 brackets of 3; all games are cross-over games; Top 2 point-getters meet in the Championship Game (regardless of bracket)
Bracket of 8: 2 brackets of 4; Bracket play will consist of 3 game round-robin within bracket; top point-getter in Bracket A will play the top point-getter in Bracket B in the Championship Game.
Win Three (3) points per game for the winner
Tie One (1) point for a tie
Loss Zero (0) points for a loss
For a forfeiture of a game the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 win. Games are official upon completion of one half of the game, regardless of the circumstances of termination during the second half.
TIE BREAKER FORMAT
In the event two teams are tied on the basis of points the following tiebreakers will be considered in order until the tie is broken.
Head to Head competition
Goal Differential – calculated as goals for minus goals against
Most Goals For – most goals
Least Goals Against – least goals allowed
Shootout – penalty kicks
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME If a championship game is tied at the end of regulation, the game will go straight to penalty kicks to determine the winner.
First and Second place team in each age group and competition level will receive a Team Trophy and players will receive medals. Awards will be held immediately after the final game.
U15-U19 Games will be played in a friendly format, no advancement. Scores will be recorded and posted on the Challenge Soccer Club website.
Duration of games is as follows:
- U15-U19: 80 Minute Game (40 minute halves) with a 5 minute halftime
- U11-U14: 60 Minute Game (30 minute halves) with a 5 minute halftime
- U10: 50 Minute Game (25 minute halves) with a 5 minute halftime
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to adjust game length and schedules due to weather or field conditions.
FIELD AND GAME EQUIPMENT
- Players (excluding the goalkeeper) must wear numbers on the back of their uniforms and these numbers shall coincide with those listed on the team’s Official State/Provincial roster.
- Players are required to wear shin guards in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game.
- The TEXAS SHOOTOUT will provide the game balls furnished by ADIDAS.
- Uniforms: The HOME team shall wear their DARK colored uniforms and the AWAY team shall wear WHITE/LIGHT uniforms.
- Unlimited substitutions may be made, with the referee’s permission:
- After a goal has been made.
- At the beginning of the second half.
- At a goal kick by either team.
- At a throw-in in either team's favor.
- When the referee approves an injury substitution by one team, the other team may substitute an equal number of players.
OFFICIAL GAME CARDS
Game cards shall be filled out and turned in to the tournament headquarters tent by the referees. Each team manager/coach should verify and sign the score card at the end of the game. Referee must sign and record the score and indicate any disciplinary action taken on the game card.
- Players, coaches, and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit AND the letter of the LAW. Displays of temper or dissent are cause for ejection from the game and surrounding field area. A misconduct report will be reported to STYSA and/or the team’s state association. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supports both on and off the fields.
- Yellow Cards: A player or coach receiving two yellow cards during a match is suspended from that match and shall be suspended from the next match. In the event this occurs, players and coaches must follow the instructions as outlined in the next paragraph.
- Red Card/Ejection: A player or coach receiving a red card/ejection is suspended from the match and shall be suspended from the next match. Players or coaches received a red card/ejection must leave the match immediately and report to the scorekeeper at the tournament tent. When reporting to the scorekeeper/tournament tent the ejected player or coach must complete a tournament ejection form and turn in the completed form to the scorekeeper at the tournament tent. Players may sit on the bench during their suspension however they shall not be in uniform. Coaches must not return to the tournament site during the match for which they are serving the one game suspension.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at game sites.
All teams participating in the TEXAS SHOOTOUT are required to make housing reservations through our official tournament housing agent, Events by Design. Any team who refuses to follow this rule will be disqualified from the event and will NOT receive a refund.
Once the event begins, no refunds will be given. If the event is canceled before the first game, teams will be given a partial refund. A % of the entry fee will be retained by the tournament to cover the start-up costs of the event. If the Texas Shootout is canceled because of coronavirus, all teams will receive a full refund.
Neither the TEXAS SHOOTOUT Tournament Committee nor Challenge Soccer Club are responsible for any expenses incurred by any team in the event the tournament is canceled in whole or part or in the event games are discontinued or canceled due to inclement weather or adverse field conditions, nor will any refunds be made after the event starts. The Tournament Director reserves the right to decide all matters pertaining to the tournament. The judgment of the Tournament Director is final.
Challenge Soccer Club
16949 N. Eldridge Pkwy, # 770-203
Tomball, TX 77377