RULES OF THE GAME
TOURNAMENT DATES: February 18-19, 2017
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS: A Tournament Headquarters tent will be located at Lindsay/Lyons Park.
TOURNAMENT WEBSITE: www.challengesoccer.com
MANDATORY TEAM CHECK-IN
All teams are required to check-in at the Tournament Headquarters Tent 45 minutes pior to the start of your first game. Teams must submit a copy of their official roster and the roster must include any/all guest players (can be written in at the bottom). Each team must present a medical release for every player on the roster along with a valid player card/pass issued by a U.S. Soccer Member Organization.
he 16th Annual Presidents’ Day Invitational is a US Club Soccer sanctioned event. Sanctioning is for play during the tournament weekend only.
1. Each 9v9 team must have a minimum of 7 eligible players to start and each 11v11 team must have a minimum of 8 eligible players to start.
2. Both teams must sit on the same sideline opposite parents and spectators.
3. Home team must wear their dark jerseys.
4. Visitor team must wear their white/light-colored jersey opposing color of Home Team to avoid color conflicts.
5. The game ball will be provided by the Tournament.
6. Only rostered players, coaches and team managers are allowed on the sideline bench area.
7. Tournament will follow USC League Rules View Rules HERE
8. U11 Age Group - no throw-ins, will be kick-ins.
1. Must wear shin guards and completely covered by socks.
2. East team must wear matching uniforms with clearly visible permanent numbers on the back of the jersey.
3. The goalkeeper jersey will be distinct from both teams and the referee.
4. No metal-rimmed glasses or jewelry of any kind is allowed
5. No hard casts are allowed. If a cast is bubble-wrapped or covered in some other way, it is at the discretion of the Head Referee if the player can play.
The Tournament Director will provide pre-printed game cards to the Referee Assignor. Coaches from both teams will be asked to verify and sign the cards at the end of each game. The Referee Assignor will be responsible for returning cards to the Tournament Director.
U11-U15 2 x 30 minute halves (5 minute half time)
U11-U12 Size 4 U13-U15 Size 5
U11-U13 9v9 Teams 14 Players U13-U15 11v11 Teams 18 Players
Teams are allowed up to 4 guest players.
Scores will be recorded and posted on the Challenge Soccer Club website. Teams will be placed in four, five, six or eight team flights. Flights will be formed at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
Bracket of 4: 1 bracket of 4 played as a round-robin; top 2 teams meet in Championship Game.
Bracket of 5: All teams will play a round-robin of 4 games; Team with the most points is 1st Place and Team with 2nd most points is 2nd Place.
Bracket of 6: 2 brackets of 3; all games are cross-over games; Top 2 point-getters meet in the Championship Game (regardless of bracket)
Bracket of 8: 2 brackets of 4; Bracket play will consist of 3 game round-robin within bracket; top point-getter in Bracket A will play the top point-getter in Bracket B in the Championship Game.
Win Three (3) points per game for the winner
Tie One (1) point for a tie
Loss Zero (0) points for a loss
For a forfeiture of a game the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 win. Games are official upon completion of one half of the game, regardless of the circumstances of termination during the second half.
TIE BREAKER FORMAT
In the event two teams are tied on the basis of points the following tiebreakers will be considered in order until the tie is broken.
Head to Head competition
Goal Differential – calculated as goals for minus goals against
Most Goals For – most goals
Least Goals Against – least goals allowed
Shootout – penalty kicks
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME If a championship game is tied at the end of regulation, the game will go straight to penalty kicks to determine the winner.
First and Second place team in each age group and competition level will receive a Team Trophy and players will receive medals. Awards will be held immediately after the fnal game.
The number of substitutions is unlimited with permission of the referee at the following stoppages of play:
1. Prior to a throw-in in either teams favor
2. Prior to a goal kick by either team
3. After a goal by either team
In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Director will determine if games are to be suspended. If games are suspended teams and spectators should go to the parking lot and stay in their cars. Do not leave the complex until a final decision is made. The Tournament Director reserves the right to adjust the game length and schedules due to weather or field conditions.
There will be no protests. All officiating decisions are final.
“ZERO TOLERANCE” POLICY FOR SIDELINE MISCONDUCT WILL BE ENFORECED. THIS INCLUDES INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, RACIAL SLURS, OR VERBAL ABUSE TOWARD REFEREES, PLAYERS & GAME OFFICIALS BOTH ON AND OFF THE PLAYING FIELD. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supporters.
A player or coach receiving two yellow cards during a match is suspended from that match and shall be suspended from the next match.
A player or coach receiving a red card/ejection is suspended from the match and shall be suspended from the next match. Players or coaches receiving a red card/ejections must leave the match immediately and report to the Tournament Headquarters tent. Player may sit on the bench during their suspension however they shall not be in uniform. Coaches must not return to the tournament site during the match for which they are serving the one game suspension.
The tournament will use one complexes for the event – Lindsay/Lyons Park.
All out of town teams are required to book hotel rooms through Events by Design. Additional information can be found on our website. Teams found to be out of compliance with this requirement will be dropped from the tournament and no refund will be provided.